What is eating psychology? It is a healing mind-body approach to body image challenges, weight concerns, binge eating, overeating, and various nutrition related health concerns such as mood issues and chronic fatigue. As a psychologist, my approach is positive and empowering. Challenges are not a sign that “something is wrong with you” – but a place where we can more fully explore some of the personal dimensions in life that impact self-acceptance and health. Oftentimes, our eating challenges are connected to work, money, relationship, family, intimacy, life stress and so much more. By working on the places that are most relevant for you, success is more easily achieved.
What we eat is only half of the story of good nutrition. Reimagine Therapy uses a mind-body nutrition approach which reveals how stress and unresolved emotions affect metabolism.
Our relationship with our body and our relationship with food have important lessons to teach us if we choose to listen.
An eating psychology approach will help you:
- Understand why diets are not working for you and find a long term, sustainable solution that works.
- Find a way to cope with emotional eating.
- Find your way out of chronic fatigue.
- Find and address the real issues preventing you from achieving a better metabolism and overall health.
- Find your own personalized way to take care of yourself and your health.
- Work on self acceptance and self love.
- Understand your relationship with food and make it better.
- Learn to listen to your body and intuition.
- Find ways to heal your health from the inside out.
- Change the endless dieting approach that gets you nowhere.
- Understand why it is not all about willpower.
- Work on toxic beliefs, emotions and stress.
- Recover from emotional exhaustion.
- Discover any hidden stressors in your life.
- Discover that there is more to life and discover what that is for you.
Image by Richard Larssen.